Most people call me ” t “.
I am the owner and photographer at Tanya Smith Photography, located in Hamilton, Ontario Canada (just west of Toronto). I have been a photographer for over 12 years. Over that time, I have photographed corporate events, concerts, newborns, maternity, portraits, fine art and pretty much anything and everything!
I am self-taught and make sure to spend time taking photography courses to keep my skills sharp. I have a beautiful, natural light studio set in the historic Imperial Cotton Factory building, built in 1900!
I specialize in photographing women: Boudoir, Modern Glamour (not like the “glamour shots” from the 80’s with feather boas and pearls!), and Personal and Corporate Branding (headshots).
I photograph the woman who thinks she is not photogenic, who says she hates photos of herself, or she needs to lose a few pounds. Love who you are right now. Let me show you how beautiful you are.
I have 2 private Facebook groups (for women only) one is for women’s portraits (you can join here), and the other is my 52 Selfies Challenge- (you can join that one here). Both are built around a friendly community of like minded women who are all there to build each other up and build their own self confidence at the same time. We would love you to join us!
A few things about me
- I have too many pairs of boots-almost all of them are black.
- I have 2 kids and 2 step kids, and a super amazing (and tolerant) boyfriend!
- I adore natural light- Its how we see things, and it is very flattering for women I use natural light whenever I can.
- I used to be a bartender and I still love making up (and testing!) new cocktails. Red wine or Tequila are my drinks of choice.
- I love to make stuff- and I usually have several DIY projects on the go at once, especially props and tulle skirts for the studio.
- I spend way too much money at the drug store. I have tons of make up, hair products, nail polish and creams and lotions. My bathroom drawers are overflowing!
- I rock at Photoshop!
- I love thrift shopping, and I have found some amazing vintage lingerie for the studio that way
- I appreciate living in the moment and cherishing the everyday.
- I have an unnatural love for my iMac.
- I wear sunglasses all the time. I’m like a vampire-my eyes are super sensitive to the sun.
- Speaking of vampires…I am a huge fan of horror movies- I’ve seen them all.
- I have been told I have an uncanny ability to get people to relax in front of my camera. (My boudoir clients call me the naked-whisperer)
- I still have my roller skates from high school (and still skate!)
- I love music and come from a musical family. Both my brothers are in bands, and every time we get together we turn on the PA, bring out the mics and sing!